Our goal is to provide the best quality early stage clinical development services to an international customer base of generic, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies with a focus on customer service. We will achieve this by continuously looking for ways to improve our customer relationships and range of services and by creating an environment that provides value for our customers, respect for our participants, returns for our shareholders and growth for our employees.
Algorithme Pharma at a glance
Algorithme Pharma, an Altasciences company, was founded in 1992 with a small team of researchers from the pharmacology department of the Université de Montréal and is the largest privately held Québec-owned organisation specialising in clinical research services for the international pharmaceutical industry.
- 1996 marked the opening of Algorithme Pharma’s first clinical site and bioanalytical laboratory, in Montreal.
- In 1999, Algorithme Pharma signed its first contract in the United States.
- In 2001, Algorithme Pharma successfully passed its first inspection from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)—its first foray into the international market. The company also inaugurated its headquarters and a brand new bioanalytical lab in Laval (Quebec, Canada).
- In 2005, a new clinical site was set-up in Montreal and the bioanalytical laboratory size was doubled, with major investments in equipment and instrumentation.
- In October 2007, Algorithme Pharma entered into a significant partnership with Kilmer Capital Partners, a leading Canadian investment group.
- In August 2008, Algorithme Pharma gained a foothold in Europe through the acquisition of a PhaseI/IIa clinical research facility, Simbec Research Ltd, located in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales (UK).
- In March 2010, Algorithme Pharma announced the strategic appointment of Christopher Perkin as the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
- In May 2013, Altasciences announced the addition of Vince and Associates Clinical Research located in Overland Park, Kansas, USA to its team providing comprehensive Phase I/IIa clinical drug development capabilities.
- In October 2013, Algorithme Pharma signed a strategic alliance with the University of Montreal Hospital Research Center (CRCHUM).
- In December 2013, Algorithme Pharma gained key patient access through a partnership with Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont (HMR).
- In January 2014, the Montreal facility was expanded, with the addition of a 7th clinical unit for a total 265 beds.
After almost 20 years in business, Algorithme Pharma conducts over 200 clinical trials annually in Phase I/IIa, Bioequivalence and Bioanalysis (preclinical to Phase I-IV) with the participation of over 5,000 participants. Our clients are based throughout the world. Today, our team is made up of close to 500 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of pharmaceutical science.