Algorithme Pharma at a Glance
Algorithme Pharma, an Altasciences company, was founded in 1992 with a small team of researchers from the pharmacology department of the Université de Montréal and is the largest privately held Québec-owned organisation specialising in clinical research services for the international pharmaceutical industry.
- 1996 marked the opening of Algorithme Pharma’s first clinical site and bioanalytical laboratory, in Montreal.
- In 1999, Algorithme Pharma signed its first contract in the United States.
- In 2001, Algorithme Pharma successfully passed its first inspection from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)—its first foray into the international market. The company also inaugurated its headquarters and a brand new bioanalytical lab in Laval (Quebec, Canada).
- In 2005, a new clinical site was set-up in Montreal and the bioanalytical laboratory size was doubled, with major investments in equipment and instrumentation.
- In October 2007, Algorithme Pharma entered into a significant partnership with Kilmer Capital Partners, a leading Canadian investment group.
- In August 2008, Algorithme Pharma gained a foothold in Europe through the acquisition of a PhaseI/IIa clinical research facility, Simbec Research Ltd, located in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales (UK).
- In March 2010, Algorithme Pharma announced the strategic appointment of Christopher Perkin as the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
After almost 20 years in business, Algorithme Pharma conducts over 200 clinical trials annually in Phase I/IIa, Bioequivalence and Bioanalysis (preclinical to Phase I-IV) with the participation of over 5,000 participants. Our clients are based throughout the world. Today, our team is made up of close to 500 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of pharmaceutical science.